COST TU1402 Training School on the Value of Structural Health Monitoring Information in Italy

I would like to share my experience in this post about participating in COST TU1402 Training School on the Value of Structural Health Monitoring Information in Italy.
This training had a scholarship and for me, it was the first time to apply for such training. I highly recommend all Ph.D. students and researchers to have networking with people who are in their field of study to be informed about such training. Thus, you will gain a lot of experiences from the beginning steps until the end.
-        You will learn how to write a motivation letter for such positions. You will update your CV in these cases if you have forgotten to. (I also recommend you to keep your CV update all the time)
-        First part of the training was a great opportunity for me because the content of the lectures in the training was along with my Ph.D. with prestigious professors. Series of lectures were well-organized; moreover, we had time to work on some exercises each day to apply the applications of the contents of each lecture.
-        Second part of the training school was also beneficial since some real case studies in various types of structures such as concrete bridges were presenting their challenges in the value of structural health monitoring information.
-        One of the most important aspects of training for me was networking. I became familiar with many people in my field.

-        Finally, me and another ESR, Lijia Long, had the chance to involve in cost actions case studies. We also reported our common work in the risk assessment of throwing ice pieces near a highway and we will do the value of structural health monitoring information. This is also a possibility for us to take involve in cost actions beside networking with others.

-        Besides these, the location of the training was amazing with its picturesque view to Como Lake, which was giving me a lot of energy every day. Without that, I would not be survived from those busy days.




-        After busy days in the training school, we spent the weekend in Milan with Lijia.
-        Duomo church which took six century to build and it is the biggest church in Italy and third one in the world was one of the astonishing structures I had ever seen. Walking through Brera art gallery with the astounding painting of famous Italian painters completed my travel.
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here I am...

Last INFRASTAR training at Aalborg University